5 - 6 May 2021 [UK Time]
Wednesday 5th May
08:00 – 08:30Keynote Address
08:00 – 08:30
- H.E Ali Allawi, Minister of Finance & Deputy Prime Minister of Iraq
08:00 – 08:45Keynote Address
08:00 – 08:45
- H.E Mustafa Ghalib, Governor, Central Bank of Iraq
08:45 – 09:00Keynote Address
08:45 – 09:00
- Hameed Alghazi, Secretary General, Council of Ministers
09:00 – 09:15Keynote Address
09:00 – 09:15
- Baroness Nicholson, Prime Minister’s Trade Envoy to Iraq & Member of the House of Lords
09:15 – 09:30How Digitization Can Support Tax Collection?
09:15 – 09:30
How Digitization Can Support Tax Collection?
- Shaker Mahmoud, DG of Taxation, Minister of Finance
09:30 – 09:45Digitization to Resolve Custom Corruption
09:30 – 09:45
Digitization to Resolve Custom Corruption
- Sadiq Heweedy Abbas, DG of Customs Authority
09:45 – 11:00VIP Sponsor Address
09:45 – 11:00
VIP Sponsor Address
11:00 – 11:30Networking Break
11:00 – 11:30
11:30 – 12:30Designing a Government of the Future [Panel Session]
11:30 – 12:30
Designing a Government of the Future [Panel Session]
- New digital strategies and technologies to build a digitally enabled state.
- Defining a national data strategy. How should Iraq develop a relationship with data?
- Public-Private partnerships to accelerate Iraq’s digital transformation.
- Successful case studies of e-Gov implementation/
- Implementing digital strategies to drive economic growth and diversification.
12:30 – 13:00Fireside Chat with Digital Energy Partner
12:30 – 13:00
Fireside Chat with Digital Energy Partner
13:05 – 13:25Fireside Chat: How the Digitization of Government Stimulates Economic Growth, Harnesses Innovation & Develops a Marketplace of New Suppliers.
13:05 – 13:25
Fireside Chat: How the Digitization of Government Stimulates Economic Growth, Harnesses Innovation & Develops a Marketplace of New Suppliers.
- Chris Ferguson, Director, UK Government Digital Service
13:30 – 14:00Networking Break
13:30 – 14:00
14:00 – 15:00Financial Inclusion and the Digital Economy
14:00 – 15:00
Financial Inclusion and the Digital Economy
- Accelerating the development of electronic banking and mobile banking services.
- Ministry of Finance and Central Bank of Iraq strategy for digitization and e-government.
- Supporting the delivery of tax collection and state revenues through digitization.
- Innovative technologies supporting financial inclusion: biometrics and electronic payment systems.
- Salem Chalabi, Chairman, Trade Bank of Iraq
- Caroline McGarr, Managing Director & Co-Founder, ThinkBank
- Speakers TBC
15:05 – 15:30Technology Spotlight: Kaspersky Financial Solutions
15:05 – 15:30
Technology Spotlight: Kaspersky Financial Solutions
15:35 – 15:55Fireside Chat: Digital Inclusion & Cloud Solutions
15:35 – 15:55
Fireside Chat: Digital Inclusion & Cloud Solutions
- Simon Reed, Deputy Director, IrisGuard UK Ltd
16:00 – 16:20Fireside Chat: Corruption Worse Than ISIS: Causes and Cures for Iraqi Corruption.
16:00 – 16:20
Fireside Chat: Corruption Worse Than ISIS: Causes and Cures for Iraqi Corruption.
- Prof Frank Gunter, Lehigh University
End of Day 1
End of Day 1
Thursday 6th May